The Rolltender will set up rolls of stock and assist press operators. This candidate will report to the Lead Pressman. This candidate must be highly motivated, dependable and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate zero-speed splicers.
- Operate clamp trucks, fork trucks and electric jacks.
- Access job tickets and record material usage.
- Assist press operators during job startups.
- Maintain pressroom materials.
- Work with a crew of 3-4 people
- Perform preventive maintenance on splicer.
- Keep records in accordance with Local, State and Federal requirements (OSHA, EPA).
- Understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS) ensuring proper procedures are followed in the care and disposal of hazardous waste products, and follow safety procedures as required by OSHA and the Company policy.
- Assist in cleaning up and keeping work area neat and orderly.
Education, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- High school, trade school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year experience working as a floor helper or packer.
- Familiar with the printing process,
- Ability to communicate clearly and understand verbal and written instructions.