We currently have openings for skilled operators in various areas within our Bindery/Finishing Department, including but not limited to: Saddle Stitchers, Perfect Binders, Stahl Folders, and Three knife and flatbed trimming. These positions are responsible for the set up and operation of Finishing equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality using our ISO quality system. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically.
- Operate machines effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product
- Perform and document preventive and routine maintenance and troubleshoot as needed or assigned
- Make-ready the equipment and run efficiently
- Cross train and learn all equipment operations
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling, cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and clean-up
- Train and lead crews to achieve top machine performance
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed and run product for the highest quality in the safest manner.
- Experience with one the following equipment: Saddle Stitchers –Muller or equivalent, Perfect Binders – Kolbus , Muller or equivalent, Stahl Folders or equivalent, Polar Cutters. Other finishing equipment including envelope inserters, folders, rotary trimmer, and flat cutters a plus.
- 2-3 years of previous Bindery/Finishing Operator experience, including set up and operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to read, understand and follow guides
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to work extended shifts and weekend overtime hours.
- Excellent safety record and work habits, positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (8 or 12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
Apply for this position