JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Lead Web Pressman is responsible for leading a crew of 3-4 people to set up and operate the web printing press to meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Review job specifications to determine web press set up
- Set up and operate web press to meet quality and productivity expectations
- Produce a quality product by following all procedures and monitoring the printed piece from start to finish
- Lead a crew of 3-4 people/train/mentor/motivate
- Monitor equipment and perform routine/preventative maintenance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college or trade school preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a 2nd Pressman/Pressman operating on web printing presses is required.
- Experience operating the UV LED Web Press
- Possess excellent work ethic, communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for 12-hour shifts and lift 25-50 pounds
- Must be able to see and adjust color to match proofs
- Must be able to see and adjust registration of 2-8 colors
- Must meet quality expectations and productivity metrics
- Experience with different web and folder configurations
- Candidate must be able to read and understand a job ticket, layout sheet, artwork and other specifications
Apply for this position